Thursday, September 29, 2011

I want a love like....

Have you ever noticed Johnny and June Cash really did have a great story behind their love for each other? The song by Heidi C. is one of my favorites.... "I want a love like Johnny and June, ring of fire, burning on through, I want to walk to line with you. When you go I want to go too. Like Johnny and June."

Their is so much passion in those few words. Johnny and June over came so many things...and when she died, he couldn't go without her, so he died right after her. It's kind of like Noah and Allie on The Notebook...when she died, he died with her laying down together. Their love for each other was so strong, one couldn't live without the other. Another example of this is, Darcy and Elizabeth...like Johnny and June, they let pride get in the way of being with each other. Elizabeth didn't realize the good in Darcy until it was almost to late, but she did, and it ended up being one of the best love stories around. Noah and Allie over came different things, her moving away, him going to war, her getting caught naked in Noah's house by her mom. Him almost losing her again, because she left. Her almost getting married.

Relationships were so passionate back then. There was real love for each other. These days, if you don't like your husband or wife, you just divorce them. That's just not right. When I find love, I want it all, the giddiness, the fighting slamming doors, the surprises, the sharing, the caring...I want everything that comes with it. I want a love like these loves gave. If you noticed no one has a pitch perfect love story...as Noah said in the Notebook..."It's not going to easy, it's going to hard, but we're going to work at it everyday, all day." I think if couple these days really realize what they have and cherish it more, we wouldn't live in such a harshish world.

So, I guess, I want a love like Johnny and June, Noah and Allie, and Darcy and Elizabeth.

I wrote this in red for love and to support the cure for aids!!

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I believe all single girls search for that one heartfelt love story(and if they don't they really should.) The one that puts butterflies in your stomach, stops time in a single glance and makes stars shoot across the sky. I'm with you completely on wanting that non-stereotypical storybook romance because we both know, there is no such thing as a Cinderella or snow white ending. But there is that one, that one God fearing man who was made solely for me and me alone that will walk by me one day and it will all just click. I cannot wait until that day but until it comes i will continue to think of the classics like withering heights and Jane Eyre and know that it will eventually happen for me.

    ReplyDelete